Poetry, Art & Lint

Maljam's Poetry Blog

Sunday, April 19, 2009


Sixteen

"Sixteen"
(Just a quick sketch)

Are you still daddy's little girl?
Are you still the girl who used to heave her face upon my shoulder and cry?
Are you still the girl who's tears I'd wipe away in the dark hours of the night?
Do you want to put away your baby toys? Your plastic dolls?
Are you still the girl with pink ribbons in her braided hair?
The child who held my hand so tight?

Now it's time I let you grow out to find things out for yourself
When you come home late of night reeking of your boys
Do you think I can't see the disappointment in your eyes?
Yet I can never ever stop myself from loving you
You'll always be your daddy's little girl.

Maljam, 19 April 2009




2 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, April 19, 2009, Blogger el said...

I really like that song idea...very cool!

 
At 6:13 PM, August 10, 2009, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

I'm thinking of using this lyrical concept somehow on my next music project... just mulling over lots of different thoughts and concepts for things in my head. it's all good.

 

Post a Comment

<<- Go Home to the Current Posts